HP Printer Setup
Gone are the days when you use to require a help of technical support guy to install your printers. These days all companies have made their software easy to install. All printers come with auto installation CDs where you just need to follow the steps and click next. However at times due to any issue, if that auto installation feature does not work, we have a workaround below that can help you to successfully install your HP printer or any other model for that matter.
Basic checks while installing the printer
Check all the basic requirements and uninstall any previously installed printer software, if any.
- Ensure following points are all checked.
- The printer is turned on and in a ready state.
- Have the USB cable ready.
- Ensure the USB cable is connected directly not through any docket or hub.
- While installing HP printer, if USB is already connected, you might have to follow the points again.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Do not reconnect the cable until prompted during the driver installation step.
- Search Windows for ‘devices’, and then click the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- Right-click the icon for your printer model, and then click Remove device. If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.